The Women's Auxiliary of Elmhurst College was founded in 1920 to create a "home atmosphere" for the students. During the early years, the members mended garments, darned socks, and generally tried to be "mothers" to the boys. Later efforts contributed to decorating the new women's dormitory and providing other benefits the College could not give from its regular funds.
The Women's Auxiliary disbanded in 2000.
Records include minutes, financial records, programs, records of the Junior Women's Auxiliary, and a scrapbook outlining the history of the Auxiliary from its beginnings in 1920 to the end of the organization in 2000. The scrapbook contains letters, clippings, photographs, programs, and historical notes.